ALS Chimneys Guarantee
- The customer must ensure that they only burn suitable, recommended fuels for the appliance and must adhere to the manufacturers guidelines.
- Burning wet wood or waste products will cause heavy deposits of soor and tar to build up inside the liner, reducing its operational life and increasing the risk of fire.
- The guarantee therefore covers the original purpose i.e. appliance and fuel source.
- An application will need to be made for any subsequent change of appliance/fuel source.
- Should non-approved fuel be used or flue gas temperature exceeds the approved level (i.e. leaving doors and vents open in a wood burning stove will generate excessive temperature) then the guarantee will be void.
- The operation of the appliance must comply with the manufacturers instructions.
- Running the appliance at low output for long periods will increase the build-up of corrosive condensates and reduce the working life of the liner.
- The guarantee will only be effective if the installation is correctly registered with Kompozitor Ltd (Kompozit’all UK Ltd). This must detail the fuel system being used.
- The guarantee covers only the repair to the liner which is confirmed as due to a manufacturing fault. It will not cover any costs incurred by additional or sub-sequential costs (collateral damage).
- The chimney must be maintained by a qualified and approved chimney sweep, using the correct polypropylene brushes and the operation confirmed with a certificate.
- Chemical cleaner must NOT be used.
The warranty is invalid if:
- Any unapproved fuel has been burned
- The appliance (stove) has been operated for long periods with the doors open
- The chimney has not been professionally cleaned at the prescribed intervals (evidence of sweep certificates must be available to support any claim
- Chemical cleaners have been used in the cleaning process
- The chimney or liner has suffered a chimney fire
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS GUARANTEE ONLY COVERS REPLACEMENT OF THE FURANFLEX LINER AND EXCLUDES RE-INSTALLATION, ACCESS EQUIPMENT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS (AFTER THE FIRST 12 MONTHS)
The size of compensation is aged during the guarantee period, in line with industry guidelines as shown below.
- 1 Year = 100%
- 5 Years = 100%
- 10 Years = 75%
- 15 Years = 50%
- 20 Years = 25%
- 25 Years = 0%
Thermocrete Chimney Lining
Thermocrete undertake to guarantee the B2 chimney lining material for 25 years under normal conditions, providing, installation procedures have been carried out in accordance with the Thermocrete Installations Manual.
To comply with the guarantee, all Thermocrete Linings must be maintained and swept twice each year.
The lining will no longer be guaranteed if it is physically damaged in any way, if wrong a connection is made into the flue-way, if the appliance is used incorrectly or incorrect fuels are burnt.
Thermocrete has a temperature limit of 1250°C, however fusion of the lining takes place at 1000°C therefore, the lining is not guaranteed under severe chimney fire conditions. Linings are not guaranteed for damage caused by creosote from wood burning or negligence on the part of the customer by failing to maintain the heating appliance or the chimney.